 Star Wars / 2246
Re: Opening sequence of movie . . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 15 May 1999 07:19:59 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, piano254@aol.com (Jonathan) writes:
So  . . . how does everyone think they'll open episode I? Do you think it's
going to be a slightly modern version of "A long time ago, in a galaxy far,
far away . . . ." with the traditional trumpet bursts while "STAR WARS"
floats across the screen in big letters? The fact that the traditional theme
is the first one on the soundtrack makes this plausible . . . . So any ideas?

Judging by the soundtrack/musical score, I think it'll open just like the
other three:  rolling letters, then panning across stars to a ship or ships
above a planet, the -boom!- lotsa action.  :)

PS . . . Just to keep this lego related, what does "AFOL" mean? I looked at it,
and the best I could pull from it would be Avid Fan Of Lego, but something
tells me that this isn't right . . . .

Hey, that's a good one!  But people usually mean "Adult Fan/Fanatic of LEGO"
when they write it.  It's too bad that it looks so much like "AOL" (not that
there's anything wrong with AOL) and that the person who coined it also
noted that it looked like "A FOOL".  An alternative to AFOL is ALF (Adult
LEGO Fan/Fanatic) but that reminds people of a certain sit-com that didn't
sit well with many folks.

--Todd