 Star Wars / 2123
2122  |  2124
Subject:
LEGO Naboo Fighter Poster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 03:39:15 GMT

I stopped by a TRU (Crabtree Valley Mall for the local Raleigh, NC populace)
this evening on my way home and while they still had a decent selection of
Star Wars LEGO (I didn't buy anything), the thing that caught my as I was
leaving was a LEGO poster of a Naboo Fighter lying on one of the closed
cashier stands.

I asked one of the cashiers if I could have it and he called the manager
(who was standing fairly close) over and deferred to him.  The manager told
me no, they were getting ready to put it up as it had just come in.  I then
asked if I could have it when he was done and he told me "No, since it is
licensed material, it must be destroyed when the display comes down".  This
seemed kind of drastic to me and I thought about it on my way home.  The
only thing I could come up with is that someone (Lucas I presume) is trying
to keep some sort of a lid on the Star Wars collector market.

Anyway, it was a neat poster and it would have looked great in my son's
bedroom.  I will probably make another attempt to obtain it from TRU.

On another note, in the LEGO aisle there was an unopened carton of Sith
Infiltrators (7151) lying on the floor.  On the top of the box printed on
the cardboard, not a sticker, was "Do not shelve until May 3, 1999".  I
don't see how any retailer could have missed this.  The letters were about
three inches tall.

Mike - mike_walsh@mentorg.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh