 Star Wars / 2113
Re: Target Stores exclusives?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 00:38:15 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, BolaHead@msn.com (Jonas Marcho) writes:
Hmm, this might be good news -- at this point I'm still considering it
just a rumor, but anyway:

There are two reports on RTL indicating that there may be one or more
Target Stores exclusive SW sets...  The first report sounded like a troll,
but the second one sounded plausible.

Really? What?

I'm sorry, I should have given more details.

The first report:

Peter Batter <pbattey@steelcase.com> posted to RTL saying (paraphrased) that
he'd obtained a new Ep1 set called "Naboo Battle Fleet."  He said it came
with a Naboo fighter just like 7141 but also included 3 other ships of
various sizes -- one the size of the Naboo fighter, one the size of the
Gungan Sub, and one even larger.  He went on to say (again, paraphrased)
that the price was hefty (US$150.00) but worth it, and that people would be
quite excited when they saw the big ship.  He gave a URL on GeoCities which
he said would have pictures, but it turned out to be an empty page (he
hadn't "moved in" yet).

The second report:

George Totman <georgeendiane@prodigy.net> posted a followup to Peter's
message saying (paraphrased) that Peter's information was in line with
something he'd heard from a Target employee a few weeks ago (but had
dismissed it).  What he'd heard was that Target had received a limited
quantity LEGO set retailing for about $150.00 and including a number of Ep1
ships.  He further reported that the employee told him that the set had sold
out immediately and it wasn't known when they would get more in.  Supposedly
there are a number of Target exclusives coming down the pike.  George's
disclaimer was that he couldn't verify any of this as true but that he was
just passing along what he was told.

That's all I know.  I have no idea whether this is true or not.

--Todd