 Star Wars / 2034
Re: Printing Error on Anakin's Pod Racer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 00:18:27 GMT

My 7171 hasn't got the red streaks on the door.  I think it's pretty safe to
say that TLG's stringent quality controls were loosened for the Episode 1
sets.  There are quite a few postings about missing or defective pieces.  My
copy of the Naboo Fighter had a bluish dust on all of the pieces (I guess
some kind of remnant of the molding process) and was missing the 2x2 yellow
slope with the screened bee (or whatever that is).  The most disappointing
thing is that there are people for whom these will be their only Lego sets
and it's a shame that the quality is diminshed.

Andy

Joe Davenport <jdavenport@mid-tech.com> wrote in message
Hi All,

I just built Anakin's Racer from 7171.  One of the blue doors at the
back of the model has two red streaks along the length of the part.  I
put up some pics here:

http://userweb.springnet1.com/jdavenp/misc.html

I'm sure it's not supposed to be there.  The pictures on the back of the
box show a normal door.

Has anyone else seen this on their kits??
Thanks,
Joe