 Star Wars / 2015
2014  |  2016
Subject:
Finally got some sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 03:05:13 GMT

I was finally able to make it to WalMart today.  They had most of the
sets, but no TIE/Y or Anakin's PodRacer.  Since I don't have much money,
I only bought an X-Wing, Snow Speeder, Naboo Fighter, Landspeeder, and
Speeder bikes.  I'll leave the Pod Race, Sub, and Sith Infiltrator until
a % off sale, but my parents thought  I was crazy anyway, buying all
those sets at once.

First impression:
Great sets!  They're big, too -- dimension- and piece-wise.  I really
like the X-Wing and Snow Speeder (I didn't know it came with 3 figs!).  I
added some (semi-) retractable landing gear to the X-Wing which works
well and looks pretty good.  You can still see the landing gear in the
retracted position, but it's inconspicuous.
I haven't opened the Naboo Fighter yet because I'm giving it to my
brother for his birthday (the 13th).  (We share our LEGO, so he paid for
the Snow Speeder, and I bought everything else)
--Bram