 Star Wars / 1849
Re: StarWars Complete
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 20:32:06 GMT

I just went to LUGNET and I do not know what Mookie means by the eigthth
mystery set. According to the database there are 13 sets 14 counting the
phantom bucket. Eight sets from Episode 1, Five from the Trilogy, and the
discontinued bucket.

1886 Star Wars Bucket
7101 Lightsaber™ Duel
7110 Landspeeder™
7111 Droid Fighter™
7121 Naboo™ Swamp
7128 Speeder Bikes™
7130 Snowspeeder™
7131 Anakin's Podracer™
7140 X-Wing Fighter™
7141 Naboo Fighter™
7150 TIE Fighter™ & Y-Wing™
7151 Sith Infiltrator™
7161 Gungan™ Sub
7171 Mos Espa Podrace™

Now, I do not really want to start rumors but (always a but) I SWEAR at
TRU at 12:30 am May 3 I saw a price marker that said "Princess Leia
59.99". The spot over the price tag was empty, and it was surrounded on
all sides by LEGO sets. I asked another person who had a bunch of LEGO if
he had seen anyone with a Leia set, but he had not. Today during lunch I
ran back to TRU to check the tag. It was gone! I think someone at TRU put
put a tag for a set that they do not have in stock...or it was a big
mistake...or it was a mean joke.

Another interesting note about the TRU by us...they will not accept
returns of 4 or more Stars Wars related toys. An interesting way to warn
scalpers, "If you cannot scalp them we do not want them back."

Anyway, this is the internet so take my Princess Leia speculation as just
that...speculation..I swear I saw that price sticker on the shelf...if I
only had proof!

Chris

Ben Fleskes wrote:

Must of missed something.  What is the 8th mystery set?

In lugnet.starwars, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
I am now complete, except for this 8th mystery set, I found the Gungan
Sub at TRU this afternoon, Left TRU a little upset,....<snip>