 Star Wars / 1818
1817  |  1819
Subject:
Tweaking the Naboo Swamp set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 11:58:33 GMT

After getting building the Naboo Swamp set and then comparing the STAP with the
actual vehicle in the trailers and in the cross section book, I decided a bit of
modification was needed.  Although I like the clear stands for them, making them
integral to holding the STAP together didn't make me as happy.  So, the simple
modification I made was to remove the clear parts and clip-on triangle.  I then
placed a 1x3 brown plate halfway down to make the footrest.  Unfortunately it is
a bit less stable this way, but it is more accurate.  You can still attach the
clear pieces to the bottom of the STAP to hold it up.

My next projects are to rework the proton torpedo launcher on the Naboo Fighter,
and then figure out some retractable landing gear for the X-Wing (anyone done
that yet?).
--
Greg Williams
gregw@mindspring.com