 Star Wars / 1815
1814  |  1816
Subject:
TRU Paranioa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 10:54:00 GMT

So, did anyone else notice that while Toys R Us hasn't had any Star Wars
Classic Trilogy Lego until now, as of Monday Morning they suddenly had scads of
it?

I have to wonder if maybe TRU wasn't made a little paranoid by Lucasfilm's
rather heavy-handed policies about things coming out early.  Sure, we all know
the X-Wing was fair game- and I'll bet the managers at TRU know that, too, but
why take the risk when it's easier to say "NO Star Wars Lego on the floor"?

When the manager of the TRU I went to was giving us the ground rules, he
mentioned that all the cases he had were complete, not opened and picked over,
because his stockboys all knew that so much as opening the boxes for the
Episode I toys, let alone taking anything out, could mean the end of their
jobs.  Wow.

Anyway, I was going to say something about the possibilty that Lucasfilm's
policies, when filtered through TRU, cost them money, but let's be serious.
Not any amount they'd notice.  They lost some, sure- I got all my Classic sets
at Walmart, for example, and there are some I won't buy doubles of- but that's
not much in the grand scheme of stuff.

eric