 Star Wars / 17511
Re: New Republic Troops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:17:36 GMT

"ACPin" <ACPin@Comcast.net> wrote in message news:IKGEun.140t@lugnet.com...
Lenny,

Has the EU actually stated that the New Republic re-uses
stormtroopers/clonetroopers?  I would have thought the New Republic would
have done away with a force so easily corruptible.
Simple answer, don't have that many troops for what I'm working on.

"Mods" - did you really cut lego to make the weapons? Where?  Or do you
just
mean custom lego weapons?  As custom lego weapons, I'm not that
impressed.
They seem fairly straight forward or don't seem like guns at all.

Just some simple mods to the weaponry for the troops to be used in the
next
MOC.
Should've been clear enough that existing weapons were modified. Also in
the
text provided for the link it clearly states that the mods did not involve
any
cutting of sorts. As an example, "Sandtrooper with blaster rifle built
with a
black <http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4349 '4349'>, a black
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4599 '4599'> and a black
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4459 '4459'>"

AC

Sarcastic Ravings: {

I must say that I was quite excited when I first read your post including
the word "mod" in it.  I take modifying our favorite plastic bricks VERY
seriously.  Hell, I even have my own newsgroup
(http://www.lugnet.com/parts/mod).  But...

As has obviously already been pointed out, your construction method to build
these weapons did not include any *actual* "modding".  In fact, you state
this very clearly yourself:

"Sandtrooper with blaster rifle built with a.."

Built, not modified.

It's not your fault, really.  It's mine.  I've made enough noise here and
other places that people have come to accept the raw meaning of "modified"
to encompass dubious methods of sacrilege involving power tools and other
sharp objects.  You're just the victim here.  Please comply with the new
galactic standard modification methods or suffer the consequence... :P

Armano,  keep up with your great building.  I'm sure a lot of lurkers here
in SW (including myself) enjoy seeing your MOCs.  If you ever decide to come
out of the purist closet and become a flaming modder, I'll support you...
Somewhat...

Rob
www.brickmodder.net

}