 Star Wars / 17446
Re: Another Sandcrawler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:48:12 GMT

Matt,

If the Lego version looked as good as yours I'd definitely buy one!  Awesome
job recreating the distinct faceting on the prow.  The 1x1 headlight bricks
for the windows are aces!

The backside looks great!  If you can get a hold of a copy of "The
Illustrated Star Wars Universe" (Bantam Books 1995 hardcover) there's a good
image of the backside of a Sandcrawler on page 38.  Your translation is
really close!  Even better is that on the next page (as well as being on the
front cover) there's an excellent rendering of the forward storage bay open
and lit with droids .  Both of these pages are covered by one Ralph
McQuarrie painting of a Jawa swap meet going at sunset in the deep desert.
The painting on the next page even has a Jawa village!  To me it has a very
Asian/Spanish feel.  Some low, pyramid roofs with curved white stucco walls.
All the paintings in the book are Ralph's and many are original production
paintings containing earlier versions and unfinished designs of many ships
and creatures.  My favorite "expansion"-type book!

Dave S.