 Star Wars / 1744
1743  |  1745
Subject:
I went to Wal-Mart this morning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 14:17:39 GMT

The left a bit early for work and stopped by the Stone Mountain Festival
Wal-Mart.  At 6am there was one guy still opening boxes and putting out the
toys.  He was only about half done, but all the Lego sets were out.  They seemed
to have all of the old and new movie Lego sets.  I picked up all the Episode 1
sets (except I forgot to get a Sith Infiltrator) and a X-Wing, which I hadn't
found anywhere previously.  There was only one Mos Espa race set, which I got.
On the way to work I realized I forgot to get an Infiltrator, so at 7am when the
Wal-Mart on Ashford Dunwoody opened I went there to get one.  I was impressed at
the display of Star Wars toys at the second Wal-Mart.  They had 2 whole isles
dedicated to it, with a poster display in the middle and a TV with a VCR set up,
though I don't know what they were going to show on it since it wasn't on yet.
One father was there with his son buying stuff that I saw.  I didn't do a
inventory of the other Lego sets at the second Wal-Mart, though.  I just grabbed
the Infiltrator, paid, and went back to work.

I think I'm glad I got my sleep and went in early on the way to work.  No crowds
anywhere to worry about, and plenty of stock.
--
Greg Williams
gregw@mindspring.com