 Star Wars / 1739
1738  |  1740
Subject:
Had fun at TRU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 12:24:13 GMT

Well I had fun at TRU yesterday.  Probably 150 people including a 63 year old
grandmother there to get the Legos for her grandkids (Cool Grandma!!!).  I was
very impressed with the crowd they were very orderly and alot of fun to be
around.

Anyway I got all the sets except the Naboo Swamp they didn't have it.

One interesting fact...  As expected most people were going for the Hasbro
Action figs but when I got to the Legos most of the people there were women and
they seemed to be getting them for themselves.  There was one pair of women
just grabing one of every set they saw and when they noticed some of the sets
were for Classic SW they were saying stuff like "Hey this is the X-wing.  I
allready have the X-wing.  Why didn't you tell me it was the X-wing!!!".  There
is probably something lost in the translation but it was very funny.

Anyway I am at work now and won't get to put them together till tonight (Sigh!)
but on first glance they all look very cool except for the Sith Infiltrator but
at least it looks like there are some good pieces.  And there are some purple
pieces just not in the Sub!!!  looks like at least some purple in the Pod race
set.

Eric