 Star Wars / 1730
  12:01a TRU

TRU in Raleigh... Well, I showed at about 4 mins to opening.. There were about 150 ppl in line and at least 1 set of news ppl takin photos. The doors were opened with, "We've changed our minds." At which point the first 20 in line made a MAD DASH." (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: 12:01a TRU

I went to one of the Toys R Us stores in Charlotte last night (the only one that was having this midnight madness sale). There were about ten people ahead of me in line, and about 300 behind me. The only Episode 1 sets they had were the Naboo (...) (25 years ago, 3-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)