 Star Wars / 17288
Re: LEGO Star Wars demo game available for download
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:02:26 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ed Andrews wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
A demo of the new LEGO Star Wars game is available for download from Yahoo!

http://uk.gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ps2/lego_star_wars/feature/65222

Too bad this demo needs built in Pixel Shader 1.1 support.  It refuses to launch
because my Intel 82845G Graphics Controller chip set doesn't support it.  The
screen shots look nice enough, but I won't be springing for a new video card to
play it.

I was going to post a followup but forgot... of the three Windows machines I
have available, none were able to run it either. This is a pretty hefty
requirement, IMO. If they were going to release it for the 'Cube, it wouldn't be
a problem, but it's slated to run on everything EXCEPT the GameCube. Grr.

And I really wanted to play that game, too. So do my kids.

- Kelly