 Star Wars / 17285
Re: LEGO Star Wars demo game available for download
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:59:58 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
A demo of the new LEGO Star Wars game is available for download from Yahoo!

http://uk.gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ps2/lego_star_wars/feature/65222

It's about 227MB, so it's a hefty download. I haven't run it yet, but I've been
following the writeups of it... so far, they've been unanimously positive. Very
positive.

- Kelly

Too bad this demo needs built in Pixel Shader 1.1 support.  It refuses to launch
because my Intel 82845G Graphics Controller chip set doesn't support it.  The
screen shots look nice enough, but I won't be springing for a new video card to
play it.

I spent an hour downloading Intel latest drivers.  No dice.  Their compatibility
chart shows only support for Vector, not Pixel Shaders.  Lego and Edios may want
to consider a toggle setting?  Given that Dell ships darn near everyone of their
PCs with this type of chipset, they are overlooking a lot of casual users out
there.  Sidenote: My system is a Dell 2400 2.2GHz P4 w/ 512Mb Ram and the
aforementioned 64Mb Onboard Intel Graphics Controller.

Ed