 Star Wars / 17244
Re: Cloud City Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:31:18 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bill Pfund wrote:
Nice MOC!  My question is why the twin pod design?  I've always wondered what
the purpose of a twin pod design in the cloud car has if there is only one
engine between the two.  I could see a benefit to the car if the pods were
detachable, but one engine with two pods?  Searching for a good B.S.
explanation here.

Here are my Top Ten BS explanations (endorsed by Lucas(1) himself):

10. Focus groups respond better to the meatier “twin pod” than to the
   wimpy “single pod” version
9. The two-pod model is actually the instructor/student training vehicle
8. A skillful pilot can ensure that one pod induces terrible car-sickness
   while the other enjoys a smooth, comfortable ride
7. The design guarantees that at least one of the cars will always have to
   parallel park
6. It’s a security feature, unlike conventional vehicles in which breaking
   into the passenger’s side is as good as breaking into the driver’s
5. The Cloud Car is ideal for taking long trips with someone you don't like
4. They’re just tandem bicycles taken to the logical extreme
3. Second pod allows you to download an additional 10+ gigs of music
2. No more of those stupid “I call shotgun” arguments
1. There's only one pod--who's your eye doctor?

Dave!

(1) Lucas, of course, is the guy who works in the mailroom.