 Star Wars / 17144
Re: 7263 Box Question (from CountBlockula's Brickshelf pictures)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 05:27:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mike Crowley wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:
   Hi all,

I just noticed CountBlockula (aka Mike Crowley) posted images of the 7263 box on Brickshelf. I’m interested in the light-up lightsaber though less interested in paying for another TIE-fighter. What really caught my eye was this picture:

Instructions for 3 models? Does this include instructions for other stuff or do they now count the minifigs each as their own model? Hoping for more motivation to buy this set...

Do they actually give you the instructions for this stuff:

(see http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7263 and click on ‘Larger Image(s)’)

Thanks a bunch, Paul D.

Hi, Paul.

Even though it says on the outside of the box “Instructions included for three models,” the instruction booklet only contains instructions on how to build the TIE.

Thanks for the reply Mike. I thought you might reply yourself but I didn’t know if you spent more time at FBTB than here and might not see it.

   Like 7256 Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid (the ROTS set I managed to order from KBtoys.com before they took it off the site), the only things inside the box are the parts baggies and the instruction booklet -- no catalogue or other inserts at all. On one of the last couple pages of 7263’s instructions, there is a picture/advertisement for set 7256; and, in 7256’s instruction booklet, there is a picture of 7263. This makes me believe that these early releases of these two sets are meant to be “sneak previews” -- intended to come out early, together at roughly around the same time. So, my guess is that eventually, when the rest of the ROTS are officially released and in full production, the TIE’s instruction booklet may be re-done to contain instructions for these other two alternate models.

That would be cool but I doubt it. I bet it was just a typo, or maybe they were going to include them but then changed their minds after the box design was completed.

-Mike C.

Thanks again. By the way, I really enjoy your work. Great stuff.

Regards, Paul D.