 Star Wars / 17072
Re: Skin Tone MiniFigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:53:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Matt Zitron wrote:
Ok, I haven't been about here long, but the general consensus is that people
don't like the skin tone minifigs.

I think it's a pretty poor show from Lego, and is a bit of a kick in the
teeth for those of us who've collected for years.

I think it was a tough call on Lego's part. On the one hand some people were
crying for darker-skinned figs (like Lando), and some people were adamant that
they stuck with yellow. And if you start making brown or various in-between
shades, making pinkish-toned figs isn't far off.

I'd probably have to say I prefer the fleshy-figs looks-wise, but they don't fit
very will with all the figs of yester-year. If I could wave a magic wand, then
*poof*, I'd have 100% fleshy figs. As it stands, though, I think I'd rather get
more yellow figs than fleshies.

But has anyone here done anything about it?

This isn't a complaint, it's a question.

Are there online petitions?

Has anyone spoken to Lego?

Equiring minds want to know.

Eh, there's been lots of talk with Lego. Lego keeps an eye on the online forums
nowadays, and even has a voice on many of them. So, yes, lots of speaking to
Lego, both for and against the change.

Is there a petition? Probably. There's been petitions for lots of things, the
biggest most likely being the recent color change. But you'll have a hard time
(if not impossible time) convincing Lego to do otherwise.

ESPECIALLY with Star Wars. Star Wars license is scheduled to go through what,
2007? And expectations are that Lego's going to jump ship on renewing the
contract, given that they're trying to get out of licensing deals. And since it
sounds like it takes at least a couple years to change the upcoming product
lines and all, the rest of the SW line will likely be fleshy figs, even if Lego
is convinced otherwise.

So, basically, there is a chance, but not a very big one from the sounds of
things.

DaveE