 Star Wars / 16614
Re: New set on back of 4502?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:33:43 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:

This topic has been discussed to death on FBTB.  I guess you just didn't look in
the right place.

Exactly, Paul.  I had assumed that people knew what it was by now so I only
looked at the set list on FBTB.  I didn't dig through all the archived
notes.  But I did search this newsgroup here, and the topic wasn't
discussed at all (until now).

It has seemed to me that most LEGO Star Wars discussion goes
on at FBTB now and not many folks discuss it here on LUGNET (I think that was
different in the past).

Yes, very different.  When I was last around here 2 years ago, this group
was one of the most active on LUGNET, especially any time around a new
movie or new set releases.

Who knows?  I guess we'll have to wait until it gets closer to August.

I've figured out what it is now.  Based on this picture:
http://www.sullivannettech.com/version0/deathStarBattle.php
my guess was that it was a wall poster.  :]  But based on this other picture:
http://www.sullivannettech.com/version0/images/deathStarBattle2.jpg
it's now clear to me that this set contains enough pieces to build
either 3 Tie Fighters or 2 T/F and 1 Tie Advanced (Vader's).  That
makes it a rather large and repetitive set, but an interesting one
in that the instructions show how to make both types of Tie.  Maybe
it'll have instructions (vice just photos) for other things as well,
similar to the Designer series of sets.

But I guess we won't see until around 01 August.  :[

Thanx for all the info,
KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada