 Star Wars / 16613
Re: New set on back of 4502?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:40:31 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about this set?

No responses yet?  Wow this group is dead (compared to 2 years ago).
Where did all the spaceheads go?  Converted to castle??

KDJ

______________________________
LUGNETer #203, Ontario, Canada

Hey Kyle,

This topic has been discussed to death on FBTB.  I guess you just didn't look in
the right place.  It has seemed to me that most LEGO Star Wars discussion goes
on at FBTB now and not many folks discuss it here on LUGNET (I think that was
different in the past).

Anyway, 10131 has been discussed on FBTB probably since as soon as the first
4502 box was in the hands of an AFOL with an internet connection, which was back
in September:

http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessage?topicID=4687.topic

There was lots of speculation about what it would be.  A common guess was that
it would be some kind of TIE fighter collection or kit.  It didn't take long for
astute eyes to notice that Darth Vadar's TIE in the picture had slightly
different markings on it than the original, suggesting that 10131 would somehow
involve a new version of it.  Meanwhile others thought it was going to be a UCS
Death Star since the number 10131 was technically over the Death Star in the
picture.

Finally Tim Saupe posted a message that said everyone's guesses were wrong.
Here's that post:

http://pub180.ezboard.com/fthefbtbcommunityfrm1.showMessage?topicID=4757.topic&index=19

People have still debated it.  Toy Fair came and went and still no mention of
it.  Brickset tentatively calls it "Tie Fighter Collection":

http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=10131

Who knows?  I guess we'll have to wait until it gets closer to August.

Regards,
Paul