 Star Wars / 16564
  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

(...) If my old memory core serves me correctly, Lucas (and Spielberg) argued that the directors of the old black and white movies did the best with what they had at the time. (and yes, they also made the 'vision' argument as well) So in George's (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Original Star Wars trilogy on DVD

In lugnet.starwars, Allan Bedford wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) In my mind, the only 'directors version' that was by far superior than the original (besides the mentioned LOTR--but again was planned from the get go as pointed out) was.. (wait for (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)