 Star Wars / 16148
Re: Hailfire/New MINI's in Canada?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:44:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, John Guerquin wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Michael Jorgensen wrote:
Has anyone found the Hailfire Droid and trhe 4 new MINI sets at retail yet in
the Hamilton/Burling/Oakville/downtown Toronto area yet (Ontario, Canada).

Where ARE they already?

I did find 3 of the MINI's (not the Falcon) at Toy, Toy, Toys in the Eaton
Centre in Toronto but at $11.99 I thought they were about 2 buck more than they
should be.

These should have been readily available in July, yes?

Thx...

They had all the new minis at a TRU in Ottawa in early July.  I've also seen a
few in various Toronto TRUs and the price tags for them at a few Walmarts, but
no sets.... aside from a few MTT sets.  The only place I've seen a hailfire at a
Sears in Newmarket..... but nowhere else.

I get the feeling the minis are selling like hotcakes, just like when the 1st
wave of minis was released in January/february.  So they're around somewhere,
just not in stock.  I recommend patience!  ;)

Your best bet is to ask at a TRU/Walmart, and/or check regularly for new
shipments. Hope this helps.

Or, while the Canadian dollar is still strong, order them for less from Shop at
Home.  There's a free shipping deal on for Canada right now, if memory serves
correctly.

Retail on these is $10 CAD each.  I saw them at TRU (briefly) in the summer, but
they either haven't restocked, or are selling faster than they can keep them.

James