 Star Wars / 16111
Re: 4502 X-Wing Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 02:23:00 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   Hum.. what is the difference between THIS x-wing and the one from a few years ago apart from the green stuff? They look the same to me with the exception of a new “paint job”? Is the yoda hut and a few different color parts on the X-wing REALLY worth an addition $20.00!!!! The old X-wing was $30, this seems like a LOT for such few “new” things.

Lessee...how about 300 more pieces (the original was only 263), a new Luke (Dagobah training outfit), more authentic looking landing gear (and at least the front one looks “Jedi Starfighter” retractable, though I can’t see enough of the rear ones to know for sure), a much better tapered fuselage that appears to be about 5 studs longer, and a more streamlined nosecone design? That’s just what I can tell from the tiny little picture that Tim posted (you know, aside from the addition of Yoda’s hut and a few swamp-clingies). Besides, that hut looks large enough to be a $15-20 set by itself, so especially given the piece-count disparity, I’m surprised it isn’t going to cost $60. My question is if that backpack Luke’s wearing is large enough to cram Yoda in or not.