 Star Wars / 16110
Re: 4502 X-Wing Fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 01:58:28 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, Bruce Lowell wrote:
   Posted at FBTB’s forums:
”I was down at my local LEGO Outlet yesterday and picked up a copy of the new Shop at Home catalogue. I was surprised when I got to the back cover and saw a set I have not yet seen mentioned in the forums here. The description reads as follows:

Fly the X-wing to Dagobah! Luke Skywalker has piloted his X-wing Fighter to Dagobah to learn the secrets of the Force from Yoda! Can the Jedi master train Luke in time to stop the empire from defeating the Rebels? Will Luke master the Force and be able to raise his X-wing from the swamp? The choice is yours when you build this exciting new set, featuring the X-wing, Yoda’s house on Dagobah, Luke Skywalker and Yoda! Ages 8-12. 563 pieces. #4502 X-wing Fighter $49.99”

Confirmed by Tim Saupe too.

Hum.. what is the difference between THIS x-wing and the one from a few years ago apart from the green stuff? They look the same to me with the exception of a new “paint job”? Is the yoda hut and a few different color parts on the X-wing REALLY worth an addition $20.00!!!! The old X-wing was $30, this seems like a LOT for such few “new” things.

I haven’t seen the new set, but the old X-wing, at $30, was 263 pieces. So this set has 300 more pieces for only $20 more. That seems like a pretty darn good deal to me.

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com