 Star Wars / 15969
Re: New MOC: Snowspeeder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 05:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Gil Shaw wrote:
   Nice tweaks, Bruce. I’ve always really liked this guy with the exception of one thing....the grey plate for the roof. When I see the shot with it off, it looks awesome. If I may, a recent element has come around that may offer a solution (if you think it needs it).

The new NASA Discovery sets have a new 3x7 trans black panel with bar that they use as solar collectors...the small ISS has around 10 of them. If one could be incoporated into the roof of the canopy flanked by a couple of 1x7 grey tiles on either side, it could look closer the part of the original. Frustratingly, the 3 wide would require an offset stud seating solution somehow...this might be a roadblock...dunno. If it works, it would also provide a hinged egress.

Anyway, just an idea I thought I’d bring up. Like I said, I still love the little guy.

Cheers, -G

Thanks Gil. What I eventually wanted for this was a grey car roof piece with a smoke sunroof, but neither of the pieces are made in the colors I need. I’ll test your idea when I get that set. Thanks for the suggestion.

   (Bruce)

LEGO @ Bruce’s Homepage