 Star Wars / 15688
Re: new geometry for 2x2 plate with peg in mini-ATST
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 17:48:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Paul Gyugyi writes:
The 2x2-plate-with-downward-pointing-technic-peg in the
mini-ATST set has some new features around the peg.

     This piece also came in Jango Fett's Slave I.  You get two of them to
mount the oversized tail guns.

If I'm not mistaken, it will plug into the socket-half
of the new click-hinges (e.g. found on the super battle droid),
and hold its position! Anyone tried this?

     I did just try it, and while it does hold it's position rotationially,
the pin doesn't quite lock into the socket the way the black hoop/pin does.
If the outer hub of the socket was just a tiny bit shorter (less than .25mm,
I think) it would allow the pin to completely pop open in the center and
lock the plate down.