 Star Wars / 1554
Re: Loose pics of the Sith Infiltrator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:13:09 GMT

Thanks for the information Brent.  These pictures confirm my initial
impressions of this set -- it's terrible.  The only redeeming factor about
it is the Darth Maul minifig, which I think LEGO did a good job of
reproducing.  As others have said, you can rebuild the ship more to one's
liking (such is the joy of LEGO!), but still, that rear canopy is awful.
From what I've seen from the cross sections, a ramp should descend from the
rear of the ship and the back is completely enclosed (no TIE fighter-like
window).

A solution could've been to design the set with both a ramp and a hinged
canopy on top.  That would've allowed easy access to Darth Maul for the
kids, yet would've kept some authenticity to the ship.

Anyway, after some thought, I'd buy this set as a foundation from which to
build a better version of the Sith Infiltrator.  There are some good pieces
to use, like lots of grey plates.

Steve B.