 Star Wars / 15124
Re: MOC: Y-Wing Starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:09:21 GMT

Thanks for the comments, guys.
Jason- I thought the use of battle droid arms was a pretty nifty feature
myself, but unfortunately I forgot about it by the time I got around to
posting it. Hence the lack of flaunting ;).

Bruce- I was using blue instead of yellow while waiting on the 2x4 wedge
plates in yellow. I'm pretty sure blue is the only color that has all the
pieces needed for the color detailing. I do agree that it does look cooler,
but yellow is movie accurate. I plan on making a dark red one when pieces
permit.

Gil- I haven't thought of it as UCS, but hey, I'd accept the label ;).

Greg- The greyness was a problem with my original Y-Wing, too. And I really
have no excuse now, seeing how many different elements are available in dark
grey ;). I'll wait until the mid-year release to see what I can incorporate
in the way of color. I'd like some of those 4x4 round bricks in sand blue,
as it's more accurate than dark grey. Thanks for your suggestion.

The screwdrivers are held on by the 1x1 round plates; they're angled up to
hold the screwdrivers between the grooves on the round plates and the 2x4
plates.

Again, thanks. It's always much more gratifying to have feedback beyond
"cool" and "nice."
Bruce

Brucey-Wan's Homepage - http://bruce.kus-numa.net/