 Star Wars / 15030
Re: The Black Pack is Back!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 06:32:57 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Damien Nesbit writes:

    Read it and weep suckers!!!  None of the AFOLS took the Black Pack
seriously, but when those fools get the new LDMI catalogs they gonna get
they feelings hurt!!!

Yep. Another precursor to perhaps some better future
minifigures. (I've always thoughts a lot of diversity
as in color was needed in the minifigure department,
so perhaps next year those changes will grow appraent
with the new wave of sets. Hopefully, anyway.)

All of the chumps who protested the inclusion of
ebony minifigs can go die and F@%# all y'all who
wasn't Feelin' The BlackPack.  The New NBA sets
are featured in the latest SAH catalog.  Lego is
selling collectible NBA minifig 3 packs and they
include a ton of minifigs that are "down with the
brown" and embossed with the likeness of your
favorite NBA stars!!!  Ebony minifigs are here!!!

I can't see why anyone *would* protest against it,
but to each his own, I guess.

They may be limited to
the NBA sets for now, but yo... The Floodgate is Open!!!
this is a watershed event for TLG.  An ebony minifig
Lando Calrissian can't be far off.  Remember, the
squeakey wheel gets the oil.  This is no time to back
off on the Lando / Windu / Panaka issue.

I could really use some ebony figures for my online
novella. (one of the characters, Scorpio, is Arabic,
so It would be difficult to portray him without the
proper tones.) I was kind of disappointed to get
a Lobot with the cloud car instead of a Lando. (why
not both?)

There could've easily been a Lando with the cloud
car sets, or with the Jabba's palace set in diguise.
It's a shame that it's taken this long.  Wicket the
ewok gets a friggin' minifig and there's still no
Lando.  So, I'm super stoked that there're now ebony
minifigs, but I'm really bummed that there's no WNBA ebony minifigs.

Maybe that will happen soon? I mean, didn't they
do women's soccer sets? Judging by the market
gap there, something like this would be bound
to happen. (given TLC would be open to a project
of that magnitude.)

I hope you get your new catalogs soon,
Ciao,
D.
Oh yeah, you should read my lugnet.starwars greatest hits:
8208 - Who's Feelin' the Black Pack?
8538 - Where Brooklyn at?
8621 - the never ending struggle
10839 - There goes the neighborhood b/w Look who's coming to dinner

I hope that you find them humorous and informative.
Later

Oh yes. Humorous ranting is always fun to
read. One of the many reasons why I dig lugnet.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast
O s p r e y