 Star Wars / 14572
Re: New Digital Pics of my Shuttle, Y-wing, and Snowspeeder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 20:22:55 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Brian Tobin writes:
I DO have an alternate LEGO version, and have
just taken some comparison pics. I'll try to get them up on Brickshelf
tomorrow. For now, I have two pics in my curent gallery which show it (non
digital, so the quality isn't the best):

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=239483
www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=239484

I had once suggested another potential Lego solution to Ben Fleskes back
when his was still making its debut in 1999 (IIRC). To date I've never seen
it used, but I remember making a prototype cockpit that looked pretty
good... It basically used this element (I can only think of white and dark
grey that exist, though):
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/15/30033.gif

Used that at the front, and clipped on the cockpit spline framework with 1x1
plates w/ clips, which bent with your standard 1x5 plate hinges, etc. Wasn't
exactly accurate positioning for the bars, though...

DaveE