 Star Wars / 14571
Re: New Digital Pics of my Shuttle, Y-wing, and Snowspeeder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:11:48 GMT

Hey Craig,

Thanks! I just checked out the link with your photos...great site! You've
got quite a nice Falcon there! I didn't honestly think I'd ever see one
bigger than mine, but I think yours is. I particularly like your round
hallway solution! I do like your cockpit, but as your's is slightly longer
than mine, it fits better. I DO have an alternate LEGO version, and have
just taken some comparison pics. I'll try to get them up on Brickshelf
tomorrow. For now, I have two pics in my curent gallery which show it (non
digital, so the quality isn't the best):

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=239483

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=239484

I just think it looks the best with the piece I use. As far as "legality,"
well, by LEGO purist terms my Falcon is disqualified from the get-go! There
are cut/modified pieces scattered about it, soon-to-be painted pieces, and
*gasp* some MEGABLOCKS! There is only ONE MB piece on the exterior (any
guesses where?) but I have used many 1x8 and 2x4 grey MB bricks inside to
replace the old yellow/red and blue ones (I just don't have enough of them
in light grey LEGO, or the finances right now to replace them all as such).
So, in the end, while I feel my loyalty to LEGO cannot be questioned
(HUNDREDS of sets, $1000s of dollars over the years to only two sets and $35
spent on MegaBlocks), I plan to keep the cockpit as it is unless I find some
way to make a more slender, precise LEGO version (maybe technic tubing?)!

Besides, since the genesis of my idea for a LEGO Falcon back in 1983 was
spurred by my dissatisfaction with the old Hasbro Falcon and it's stunted
proportions, I like the fact that I pirated Hasbro's cockpit to use!

Thanks again for the kind words, and great work yourself!

-Brian

In lugnet.starwars, Craig Stevens writes:
Hi Brian,

Those new digital pictures are great. I'm quite a fan of your stuff - your
Millennium Falcon especially. I have been watching it's evolution with great
interest. Just one thing though - do you plan to replace the cockpit section
from the Kenner toy with an alternative made from Lego? I have managed to
get quite a pleasing result with my own Millennium Falcon model without
resorting to illegal moves. The best place to view it is at slave-one.de. If
you can find time to check it out, let me know what you think.

Craig Stevens.
swfalcon30@yahoo.com