 Star Wars / 14389
  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Technically, you can guess that Endor's gravity is very close to that on Earth, but that doesn't mean the mass is the same unless you also assume their densities are the same. Jeff J (yummy nits to pick!) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) Well-- strictly speaking we know the *mass* is roughly the same. But you're right: we don't know the density of the planet, hence we can't *REALLY* guess at the planet's volume... And therefore you can't guarantee the curvature of the planet (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: how large would the ISD be compared to the Enterprise-D?

(...) I think that the point is that if Endor has a very low density but the same gravity at the surface as Earth, then the mass and diameter are both much greater than Earth, because gravity goes by the distance between the center of mass of the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)