 Star Wars / 13866
Re: UCS Y-wing 2.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:37:11 GMT

One quick note though: 800 meters per hour?  Do you mean 800m/s?  800m/h is
kinda slow for an attack fighter :) • ...
I thought exactly the same thing.  Sheesh, my car goes further in one minute
than a y-wing in one hour. :)

Ya, obviously that's a typo or conversion error. The average person walks
about 6-10 times that speed. 800 m/h would only be half a mile an hour! I'm
thinking 800 m/s (about Mach 2.5, same speed as the faster combat jets, but
not as fast as a Blackbird SR-71), rather than 800 km/h, since 800 kph would
still only be about 2/3 the speed of sound... the speed of a
propeller-driven aircraft.

Typo aside, fanastic detail on this revision. But I don't think it
necessarily fits with the official UCS sets, as those tend not to have the
right colours (at least, not the 1st two). In other words, the colours are
too accurate for it to be an offical set! Good job. The 'fixed' colours and
the added 'greebles' on the update really add a lot. I do, however miss the
grey train front roof piece originally used on the sides of the hull
immediately aft of the cockpit. But that's just me (I thought they looked
'sleeker'... which I realize the Y-Wing is not)

I want to see a UCS tie kit in the blue-grey! (as opposed to some pieces in
blue, others in grey).

Mark W.