 Star Wars / 13769
  Chewie gets bored..

Chewie got bored...took apart his AT-ST and built a podracer...still can't beat Anakin though. (URL) on the subject: how many people build alternate models of sets? I realize that taking your entire collection and creating something original without (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Chewie gets bored..

(...) I tend to do that from time to time. My Shrike (which is on Brickshelf: (URL) was an alternate from the X-Wing. It's a lot like a game to me when I do alternates...what can I do with what I have here? And strangely enough, one of the best sets (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Chewie gets bored..

(...) When I was younger, I thought it was cool to see if I could build a house/shelter for the minifig in the set (from non-buildings sets like cars, etc.) so the minifig sould sleep at nite. Jeff (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Chewie gets bored..

"Jeff Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message news:H0CqrI.865@lugnet.com... (...) cars, (...) This is one of the coolest and most refreshing building stories I've heard in a while. Seriously. -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Chewie gets bored..

"Luke Ma" <Luke_Ma@brown.edu> wrote in message news:H0AM10.FDJ@lugnet.com... (...) It can be a lot of fun to try and confine yourself to the parts in one set (preferable a smaller one, otherwise there isn't much challenge). It's a good learning (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Chewie gets bored..

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Chewie gets bored..

(...) That's a pretty cool model, but I have to disagree on the set. The <set:7130> Snowspeeder has a far superior selection of parts: (URL) J Railton (22 years ago, 6-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: Chewie gets bored..

(...) Whenever I buy a new set I build an alternate or two just to get a feel for the selection of parts. That's how I determine whether it's worth buying multiples of a set. Building within the constraints of a single set (or a handful of random (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  can't CTRL my ALT fever; was Re: Chewie gets bored..

(...) *snip* (...) A few days after this discussion a week or 2 ago, I pulled out alpha team set#6772 & made this alternate podracer. I was busy during the week & restructured my brickshelf gallery, so here's the pix: (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)

  Re: can't CTRL my ALT fever; was Re: Chewie gets bored..

Haha. That's great :) Although I suppose there are limits to what kind of alts look good...That alpha team set's got some good engine and wing parts, looks like. The AT-ST is a bit more blocky for pod purposes. Anyway, cool model and an amusing (...) (22 years ago, 13-Aug-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space)