 Star Wars / 13456
Re: The Empire IS good.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:05:40 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Evan Butzlaff writes:
Quite a few people look on Star Wars in a perspective I find strange.  They
say the rebels are good, but really, I find they aren't.  I see them as a
rag-tag band of terrorists.  What were they going to offer to the galaxy
when the empire fell?

The new Republic.

It seemed the Empire was doing a bangup job.  No one
seems to be enslaved towards the empire.

The empire has slaves Ackbar was a slave to grandmoff Tarken befor he
escaped and joind the rebelion.

Conscription is justifiable.  The
imperials are well armed.  The rebels?  Well, they smuggle weapons.  The
Imperials have a fleet, all different classes of ships that they have more
than a few of, like Star Destroyers.  They have plenty of those!  What does
the rebellion offer?  A few Mon Calamari cruises!

The star destroyers were the republicis befor it was over taken (we see
their predecessors in ep II)

And like I have stated
before, what government can they offer?

Prabably the same typ in EP I and II where each planet has its own
government overlooked by a senate

Exactly who is going to run it?
Luke?  Leah?  What will they produce?  It seems that it would be another
Empire of some sort would have to be in order, but what would happen when
another rebellion starts? What will work, because the senate was corrupted. Only by a well thuoght out plan over years (over 35 years)
There was no turmoil going on in the empire, just a strict rule of the
Emperor.

And unnesasary destruction of plants

Does anyone see it the way I do?
~Evan Butzlaff