 Star Wars / 13192
Re: MOC Articulated Tauntaun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 04:22:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Greetings,

No, not a snowlizard that can deliver a poignant synopsis of Faulkner's
views of the malaise of the modern spirit.  Rather, an attempt at a fully
posable mount for my sole Hoth rebel minifig.

Inspired by David Eaton's amazing rendering of the beast, I've put something
together as a test (hence the awful colours and use of printed
pieces...please ignore) and as something to ask for your input.

The scale is a little larger than it should be, but I think it can be shrunk
a little further with some help.  Some irksome points I ask for your advice are:

-the arms
-the head in general
-the effectiveness of the tail
-the harness...not yet added

Of course, any help or comments on any other part would be of great use to
it's development.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
-G

I really like this direction so far. The one thing that made me question's
it's taunaunieness was the hind legs. Don't they have more clearance off the
ground? The scale looks pretty good to me otherwise but I didnt math it out
=p~~. *goes off and makes some creatures for figs to ride around on now *
Joseph