 Star Wars / 12929
    Re: Question about building an AT-AT —David Eaton
   (...) (URL) of the problem is that in the "real" thing all the weight is apparently supported on joint alpha (see diagram). And unfortunately, that creates a whole heck of a lot of leverage on that joint. Enough to snap and/or severely bend a lego (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Question about building an AT-AT —Tobbe Arnesson
   <<snip>> (...) One thought I've had is to have a Technic 9V motor with a cross axle connector to spin the wormgears. Just attach the motor, power it up 'til the joint is in place, detach the motor and work on the next joint... /Tobbe (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Question about building an AT-AT —David Eaton
   In lugnet.starwars, Tobbe Arnesson writes:I can (...) Well, the problem being mostly that at present I can just move the legs nearly instantly to where I want, using only one hand (the other hand is needed [and whatever else I can use]) to balance (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)