 Star Wars / 12674
12673  |  12675
Subject:
7153 Jango Fett's Slave I: First Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 00:35:42 GMT

   Hi everyone,

   I came across a few of these on a retailer's shelves, and I cleaned
   them out.  Having opened the box and looked at things, it's actually
   a much cooler set than even I had thought at the beginning.  I'll
   get pictures of all the new elements up in a bit, but for now I thought
   I should settle a few points:

   1: Yes, there's a magnet included; a Jack Stone hatchback-style cargo
      container, which actually looks pretty cool, fits into an opening
      on the "underside" (back) of Slave I.

   2: Yes, the "cockpit" section tilts back and forth.  Boba rides behind
      Jango.  When the cockpit tilts, the wings tilt in unison.

   3: No, no hinge on the canopy.  I'm not sure how the Fetts are supposed
      to get out, save the Hand of God.

   4: Interesting parts not visible in other pics:  2x4 trans-lt blue
      brick with curved top (like on the soccer light poles); 2x2 boat
      bottom round plates in trans-orange; front guns are on a 2002
      click-hinge system (like the arms on the Ogel sub); 6 white macaroni;
      dk-grey speeder bike thingies (you know, from Ewok Attack, and they
      also appear in 2002 Race sets).

   5: Jango Fett has a face.  It's on a black head which you turn 180
      degrees before putting the helmet on, to give it that Boba Fett
      black-shield effect.

   6: There are no printed bricks that I noticed which are made useless
      in other MOCs by said printing.  Actually, they're pretty cool.

   Happy hunting!

   best

   LFB

   PS:  No, I'm not going to get the retailer in hot water by saying
        where I found it.  :)