 Star Wars / 12348
Re: Princess Leia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 04:59:21 GMT

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Marc Schoenmakers wrote:

There a some new SW-sets coming this spring. A lot of them seem to have new
minifigs.

Is there a chance that there will be a set with a (new) princess Leia
minifig??

I suspect that the main focus of future Star Wars sets this year will be
Episode II---they've already rolled out several Classic sets.  (Not that I
have anything against more Star Wars sets. . .)

However, this does raise an interesting point.  I have this vague
suspicion that the Ep II trailer had some scenes where Amidala sported the
"danish on each ear" hairstyle.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?  The
Leia hair has been on my list* of Star Wars pieces requiring unique molds
that haven't appeared in more than one set yet, and since that hairpiece
only appeared in the $100 (=low volume sold) 7190 I've been expecting to
see it somewhere else.

TWS Garrison
tgarriso@math.purdue.edu
   http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/