 Star Wars / 12300
12299  |  12301
Subject:
Something struck me as humorous about Chewbacca on the Imperial AT-ST box...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.fun
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:28:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I laughed out loud when I saw the back of the box for set 7127, the Star
Wars Imperial AT-ST.

For those of you who haven't seen this set, it is one of those two-legged
vehicles that the Wookiee Chewie stole in Episode 6, and then showed up
outside the bunker aiming its guns at the bunker door.

The front of the box depicts Chewie sticking his head out of the vehicle
like he did in that scene.  But on the back of the box, Chewie is surrounded
by a completely disassembled vehicle, sorting the LEGO parts and trying to
fix it.  Next to him is a part from the cockpit, an inverted slope decorated
with the image of the vehicle.  It's sort of like he's following a set of
instructions.

It was such a truthful Chewie moment -- whenever something is broken, he is
always the one who has to fix it (I think it happens in each of the first
three movies) and when he is doing it, he is invariably annoyed and howling
with frustration.  And here he is memorialized on a LEGO box stuck in the
smae situation.

I may be the only person is the universe who thinks this is humorous, but on
the chance someone else does, I just had to post this.

Paul