 Star Wars / 12288
Re: naboo swamp sets real cheap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:03:17 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kent Ng writes:
wow I came across a great deal 3 naboo swamp sets for 10 dollars. Obviously
I bought out all 10 of them, I mainly wanted the battle droid figures and
the green foliage. But will have numerous jar jar bings roaming around..."aiee"

I can hear everyone hissing and booing everytime someone brags about a deal
and doesn't say WHERE!

(I did find the same deal briefly at a KB Toy Works)

I thought it was crappy at first, but after seeing the pieces that come with
the set, it was a great bargin. Now I'm wondering if I should go and get the
droid gliders that they had over stock of and use them a parts fodder...

There's something insidiously pleasurable about decapitating mass quantities
of Jar Jars so they can become castle peasants.

surprisingly Zany brainy still sells the old starwars set and retail price,
I guess no discounts will be seen...even though I saw the cool Tie fighter set..

Just wondering is the deluxe tie fighter at 79.00 and x wing at 117.00 still
too much?

I got mine for $50 and $70 respectively, but that was before Christmas and
specifically at the Downtown Disney Lego store in SoCal.  I didn't see
either for any price after Christmas at the same location.

Bruce