 Star Wars / 12258
    Dark Blue too (Re: New Dark Red Translucent?) —Thomas Avery
   (...) I recently got the new Technic R2D2 set (8009). It has several parts with the new dark blue color. Some of the dark blue parts were noticeably translucent while the others were quite solid in color. TLC must still be working on their pigment (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-01, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Dark Blue too (Re: New Dark Red Translucent?) —Timothy Carl Buchheim
   (...) I got one of these for Christmas, and I too had a mix of opaque and translucent pieces. My guess is that they are using two different types of plastic and they haven't matched the colors quite right. -- Tim Buchheim (23 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.starwars)