 Star Wars / 12071
  Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter

(...) My impression was exactly the opposite. SW line (ESPECIALLY the 1999 sets) were amazingly done. There was little if any juniorization, and the sets were *much* more accurate than I would have expected. Granted it's since gone downhill a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter

I guess my only real beef was the Falcon. In my opinion it was absolutely horrible. The minifigs were great though. I theorized that since Potter can be considered an extension of Lego's castle themes maybe they had better in house production on it. (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter

(...) I know that lego has made more then sixty new molds for star wars --Kevin W. § (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter

I think comparing the Star Wars LEGO Sets with the Harry Potter sets isn't really fair. The Star Wars sets have essentially all been vehicle sets, whereas with Potter, aside from the train, they are all playsets. Designing a LEGO playset and a LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars v. Harry Potter

(...) Well, you're right-- they're very different themes. And granted it's easy to come up with set ideas for SW. I mean, SW already has a HUGE bonus insofar as its spaceship designs were cool and semi-"realistic", unlike many of the space sets (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.starwars)