 Star Wars / 12026
Re: SW 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 00:52:02 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Todd Thuma writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Kai Brodersen writes:

Why are they remaking Slave I?

A friend of mine that follows Star Wars (way to closely) has said something
about the nature of Boba Fett (Spelling?) coming from a long line of bounty
hunters and that this might not be Slave I but another ship pre-dating the
Slave ship seen in Episode V.

   I think it's the same ship.  From various other writings
   and the supposed history of the vessel, it's a modified
   police craft, perhaps a century old.

   They're remaking it because people wanted a better looking
   Slave I!  :)

My friend even thinks there may be some illusion to Bounty hunters being almost
like a "Jedi" (collective, cult, way-of-life) in which similar gear and
uniforms are used. Perhaps this will all be made clearer May 2002.

   Illusion or allusion?

   Maybe--but Fett's armor is Mandalorian, which IIRC is a
   mercenary cadre, not bounty hunters per se.

   best

   LFB