 Star Wars / 11596
Re: Episode II Title revealed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 00:56:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Dave Schuler writes:
Ugh.  Lucas should be prevented from naming any ships, characters, or
movies.  There's still time to change it to something that isn't awful, so
I'll suspend final judgment until then.

I admit that this was also my reaction when I read it, but now that I think
about it a bit longer, it doesn't seem so bad. For one thing, it seems to be
closer to the spirit of the original movies. ANH, TESB, and ROTJ are all
relatively simple titles that fit with the events of the movie and actually
make more sense after you're done watching the movie. I think that TPM was
somewhat less straightforward in this regard. You're left with a vague
feeling that you really still aren't sure what the title is referring to
once the movie's over. At that's how I felt. YMMV.

All that said, it still seems like they could've done a better job than
AOTC, but we'll probably all just get used to it eventually.

--
Jeromy Irvine
http://www.accuvera.com/lego/