 Star Wars / 11509
Re: New Custom: UCS Y-wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 1 Jul 2001 03:31:13 GMT

in article GFrGHB.96A@lugnet.com, Guybrush wrote:

Not trying to steal Brucey's Y-wing thunder or anything, but I finally got
my UCS Y-wing done and online.

http://home.nc.rr.com/pageofg/lego/ywing.htm

Enjoy, and please post comments.

That's quite good.

I don't think you should be concerned with the single seat at this point,
since as you said, there was never a shot in the movie with a Y-Wing
sporting a two-man crew.

One nitpick I do have, however, is the cockpit is supposed to open sideways.
The use of the Imperial Shuttle canopy in the front should make this a
fairly easy thing to accomplish, however, by simply hinging the cockpit open
where you used the 2x4 winshields.

All in all, quite nice. I like the steering vanes on the engines. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego