 Star Wars / 11326
11325  |  11327
Subject:
Technic Stormtrooper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 15:39:32 GMT

Today's my birthday and the gift I got from my brother is a Technic
Stormtrooper.  It arrived last night and I built it, and I must say it's
cooler than I thought it would be.  From the pictures it looks like an ugly
hulking pile of plastic, but it's actually pretty nifty.  It actually looks
like a Stormtrooper once it's built, and though it's certainly not perfect I
like it.

My only real beef with it is in articulation.  The left arm has an
articulated shoulder, elbow, and wrist, but the other arm (with the gun) is
static.  The head is pretty cool, as is the firing mechanism.  The legs have
absolutely no articulation to them, and they just seem out of place.  I plan
on articulating the legs and right arm, and I also plan on modifying the arm
"gears" so they move independently of one another.  The other change that I
want to make is to the firing mechanism.  I want to be able to fire from the
back of the Stormtrooper, and I also want the wire to be inside the
Stormtrooper's arm.

In all, I reccomend the set.  I plan on getting the 3PO set sometime next week.

-Bryan
hobartrus@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/hobartrus/index.html
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/hobartrus