 Star Wars / 11044
Re: Sculpey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:24:43 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Charles Spindell writes:
Also, what kind of paint do you guys use on Lego?  I have seen some cool
Yodas around.  Plus, no matter what everyone says, I want to make a brown
Mace Windu.  Nothing political.  I just want a brown mini-fig.  Does the
paint scratch off, especially off the hands?

And finally, what temperature does Lego actually melt at.  I was thinking
about making some custom hair pieces.  I want to mold Sculpey on Lego
mini-fig heads and bake them to get the right fit.  But I am concerned that
Lego will melt.

Thanks.

In lugnet.starwars, Charles Spindell writes:
Has anyone tried using Sculpey to create custom mini-fig heads?  Is it
difficult to use?  With TLG not making any new sets this year, I need to get
my fix elsewhere.

Charles, check out this site.

http://collectibles.echostation.com/fbtb/uvg/customs/robert/robert.html

You may want to read the interview  with Robert, too. He talks about what he
uses/techniques a little.

I can't answer your question about the melting point of LEGO, though. I know
ABS behaves somewhat differently than other plastics but this isn't my area
of experience.  Sorry. :/

Joel J