 Star Wars / 10785
Re: My Galactic Challenge Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:41:03 GMT

Brian,

umm... ya, what he said.. :-)  are there any examples of that type of
construction saved in a cad file so I can tear it apart to see what you're
talking about?

Thanks!

Ron

In lugnet.starwars, Brian Stokes writes:
Ronald,

The side mounted docking bay bricks were mounted to vertical standing
technic beams (the ones with holes)with braces between them. The floor of
the base was made sturdy by inter-connecting 3 flat plates.

Brian

In lugnet.starwars, Ronald Wells writes:
Brian,

Wow!

Umm...

Wow!

:-)

I would really like to be able to see more detail, I’m just getting to the
point where I can start building some MOCs and I can see that there is a lot
for me to learn!  How in the world did you connect all of those plates to
the sides like you did?  I wish there was a place on the web or a book or
something that would show some of the methods you guys use when building
these awesome creations!!

Thanks for showing us this great creation!!!

Ron

In lugnet.starwars, Brian Stokes writes:
Greetings,

Some of you may have seen the recent posts of my MTT and AAT models. Thanks
for the praise. If you liked those models I think you'll enjoy my Galactic
Challenge entery even though it didn't win. I called it an Imperial Atomic
Regeneration Plant (ARGP). My thought was that the Empire would use this
base to create a Nitrogen based atmosphere on lifeless planets and moons.
Thereby allowing the planet or moon to be colonized by humanoids and
exploitated for its resources.

The things I liked most about the ARGP was:
1. The size (and it's all Lego)
2. The Imperial Shuttle and the landing bay
3. The suspended TIE Intercepters

Let me know what you think.

Does anyone have a link to pictures of the models that won the Galactic
Challenge contest?

Brian