 Star Wars / 10689
10688  |  10690
Subject:
LEGO store in downtown Chicago
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:57:27 GMT

In case anybody is in the neighborhood:
There is a LEGO store in downtown Chicago.  It is on the third floor
inside the entrance to Nordstrom's in North Michigan Ave.  I don't
know the exact address, but it is about 1 block north of
444 N. Michigan (where I work).

One of their window displays is a full size Vader and R2, made of Lego.
Vader has a red glowing lightsaber and blinkies on his belt "boxes".
He also makes the breath sounds, and the occasional lines ("You have
failed me for the last time." is one I specifically remember).  R2 has
his red/green eye that changes color.  They look pretty nice.

They have most of the 2001 sets on sale there, as well as the SW minifig
sets (not avail in regular store) and the Luke X-wing pilot and Vader
minifig keychains.  Their prices are a bit higher than standard retail
(UCS X-Wing is $160.00, I think)

Just thought I'd chip in...

Rob
spiff@mcs.net